Livvy Moore, Consultant, London
Overview of experience:
I worked in the Leeds office for 18 months and loved every minute of it. I started as a resourcer on the apprenticeship scheme and have worked my way through two promotions since joining. I am now a fully fledged consultant and have built a great reputation for myself in the retail market.
I am now embarking on my next adventure and working in our London office. I am confident that I’ll smash another two promotions, all the way to senior in the next 18 months - watch this space…
1. How did you get into recruitment?
I started in marketing but felt like I wanted a change and a new challenge. My friend mentioned to me that she worked in recruitment and the more I read about it, the more it sounded right up my street. I emailed Network Marketing and the rest is history.
2. What’s the most rewarding part of your job?
It sounds cliché, however of course it’s when you get someone their dream job. It’s a tiny bit of calm in the day to day madness - that five minute call makes everything totally worth it.
3. What’s the most challenging part of your job?
Staying organised! I don’t think people realise just how many different aspects to the job there are - keeping all the plates spinning is an art form.
4. What would you do (career-wise) if you weren’t doing this?
I’d be a pop star. Obviously.
5. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
I once worked in a car wash where I got paid £20 a day and lasted 3 days, before literally throwing in the towel and starting to busk where I made £20 an hour!
6. What 3 traits best describe you?
Loyal, obsessive and happy!
7. What is your greatest fear?
Karaoke with Jonathan Hirst - I’m scared that if we started, we’d never stop.
8. What’s the one thing you couldn’t live without?
My beautiful girlfriend and lovely cats. Oh and quavers. (I can’t pick one thing.)
9. Where is your favourite place to be?
Right in the centre of New York City.
10. What is your most overused phrase / word?
What’s for lunch?